WSDOT Memorial Foundation Educational Grants
- Educational grants will be provided to qualified applicants of a Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) employee who dies in the line of duty.
- The Foundation may present grants to high school graduates needing financial assistance.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate. Applicants must be an active, disabled, or retired WSDOT employee or dependent or survivor thereof. Survivors include spouse, natural children and step children, and adopted children.
- Grants may be awarded to persons desiring trade school or apprenticeship training, as well as to those desiring a college/university education.
- The President will establish an Educational Grants Committee to review grant applications and will, with approval from the Board of Directors, identify the quantity and financial value of the grants.
- To initiate the application process, please submit a one page (minimum) letter of interest outlining the following
- School or program where the grant will be used and if you have currently applied and/or have been accepted into the school or program
- The anticipated start of classes or school year
- The requested scholarship amount and/or financial need being requested
- Long-term educational and career goals
- The letter of interest must be submitted for consideration on or before May 1 of each year.
- Please submit letter of interest to the following address:
WSDOT Memorial Foundation
Attn: Educational Grants Committee
120 State Ave NE, #303
Olympia, WA 98501
The President will establish a Educational Grants Committee to review grant applications.
The Vice President will chair this committee and the committee will, with approval from the
Board of Directors, identify the quantity and financial value of the grants. The
recommendations of the Educational Grants Committee will be made during the June Board of
Directors meeting of each calendar year. At the June meeting, the Board of Directors will
select the grant recipient(s), and the Foundation President will notify the selected
recipient(s) in writing on or before July 1 of that year.
Each grant will be a minimum of $1000. The grant may be in the form of a
check or direct payment to the school.
Grantss may be eligible for renewal based on the following criteria:
- Each recipient will be expected to communicate with the WSDOT Memorial
Foundation Board of Directors at the end of the school year following receipt
of the grant to share their school experience and progress
- Each recipient will provide documentation to the Board of Directors they remain
academically eligible prior to being awarded additional funds.
Decisions by the Board of Directors are final.
HOME PAGE |
ABOUT US |
ANNUAL REPORT |
CONTACT US |
FALLEN WORKERS |
BOARD MEMBERS |
EDUCATIONAL GRANTS |
GIFT SHOP |
Washington State Department of Transportation Memorial Foundation
120 State Ave. NE, #303 - Olympia, WA - 98501